30day challenge: 9.

Day 9: Something recent I’m proud of.


 

Or should that be, something I’m recently proud of? Or, something I’m proud of recently? Meh.

 

Today I did something I hardly ever do – I took a sick day off work.

 

This is a big thing for me, because I usually have to be unable to walk or remain upright for any length of time before I’ll stay home.

 

This stupid cold has been nagging away at me for a couple of weeks now.  I’ve watched it phlegmatically rumble around in my chest supplying me with wheezy coughing fits, then move up into my nose supplying me with enough mucous to power a small mucous-powered village (and keep Kleenex in the biz, fo shiz), then slide down into my throat with what feels like an army of midgets redecorating the walls of my throat with their needlepoint efforts. Funtimes.

 

Yet through it all I’ve still – even if only barely – been able to function. The problem is my energy levels by the end of the day are nonexistent and I'm almost in tears at the full body aches I get by 3pm.

 

So, after yet another shithouse sleeping effort last night of only around 3 or 4 hours, I decided to listen to my poor body and keep it horizontal for a day.

 

By going to work I just prolong the time it takes for my body to repair itself. Body was starting to kick me in the arse with impatience at my continued petulance.

 

I’m proud I finally decided to listen to it and give it the time out it needed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment