30day challenge: 8.

Day 8: List some short term goals for this month.


 

I’m the least goal oriented person I know. One day I’ll have to see a life coach and get that in order.

 

I see all these people powering through life with their short and long term goals and wish I could be like them, but I can’t pump the care factor up enough to float me there.

 

At work my boss is always telling us to have five short term goals each month and every month I fob him off. I’m so lazy! I drift like a dandelion seed and if I bump into something I just see what comes of it.

 

Perhaps it’s a fear of failure? It also has to do with the fact that I tire of anything once it gets down to the nitty gritty. I like coming up with ideas but the follow-through makes me yawwwwn. Plus, I have zero personal discipline. I just can’t make me do anything I don’t want to do, no matter how much I yell at me. Stubborn little so and so.

 

But, for the sake of this exercise, I’ll humour you.

 

 

1. Have at least one week of sobriety.

If you know me, you’ll know how hard that’s going to be, but I’m cheating a little on this one – I already designated this week booze-free and I’m already at the halfway point. Oh yeah, I’ll be able to red texta this one for sure.

 

2. Do the 30day challenge every day.

Or at least, only ever be one day behind, and if so, do two blogs the next day. So far so good.

 

3. Read a book.

From start to finish. I have so many half-read books lying around. I think it’s about time I finished at least one of them, even though they’re all re-reads. Books are nice. Yes, I think I’ll try and get in the habit of reading in bed before I fall asleep, instead of twittering in bed.

 

4. Wash and vacuum the car.

Laaame! But seriously, it needs it. I’ll give myself a deadline of the end of the month to actually do it.

 

5. Lean one new fact a day.

Any fact at all. As random as can be. My brain seems to be losing a lot of the useless information it used to hold. I think it’s time to top it up again.

 

Well that was relatively painless. I should do it more often… if I manage to get through these first…

0 comments:

Post a Comment