30day challenge: 7.

Day 7: What has had the biggest impact on my life?


 

OM

Om. Aum. The sound of the universe. The sound of the vibration in every cell of every thing. This beautiful symbol has changed my life.

 

The most major thing to happen to me occurred when I met my first serious boyfriend at the age of 17. From each relationship I’ve inherited a little of the other’s philosophy, or musical taste, or in this case, spirituality. I really believe the direction of my life took a turn for the better after meeting him.

 

I started to learn a little of the philosophies and ideologies of Hinduism and Buddhism and they just seemed to make sense to me.

 

Now when someone asks me what my religion is, I say I don’t have one specific religion, I have spiritual ideas of my own made up from a few different religions. Maybe I should call it a choose-your-own-adventure religion. Pick-and-mix. But all of the ideas that resonate with me lead back to the idea of OM.

 

There’s nothing but Om. Good, bad, solid, liquid, alive, dead – it’s all just OM.

 

That’s why I wear two around my neck and one on my arm. It’s my power symbol. A nice reminder that I’m just vibration and stardust, and so is everyone and everything else.

 

75af282ba0d2a17488e32fa06a37d1a0_9140386

 

om shanthi

0 comments:

Post a Comment