30day challenge: 3.

Day 3: A picture of you and your friends.


 

I bet most people had no problems with this one. For me it’s proving a little tender. I could have gone the non-tender route, plucked some pithy photo from a recent music festival or random night on the booze, but I think I’d be missing the point. And so, I present for your amusement, a tender spot.

 

IMG_8105

 

This photo’s about a year old but I just love it. The whole night was magical misted. Every single photo was blessed with awesomeness. It’s like everything aligned to create a perfect moment in time.

 

I’m second from the left in case you don’t know, and the other three were my partners in cheekiness. I say were, because I haven’t seen any of them for quite a while now.

 

The lovely lady on the right is a very talented flautist who moved to Melbourne to continue her career (*shakes fist at Perth’s inadequacy in holding onto talent*).

 

Not long after that I had a pretty major falling out with the girl next to her, the one who brought us all together. I’ve known her since 1999. We still haven’t spoken and I fear it will never be resolved now. It’s probably a subject for another post, but in short, she inferred I was something I was not – one too many times for my liking, and I spat it. One of my failings is that the closer you are to me, the bigger the grudge I’ll hold if you do me wrong. I’ll psychoanalyse that for you another time I think.

 

The cheeky monkey on the left is a total bundle of awesomeness that I don’t get to see anymore, by proxy.

 

Before these three I didn’t really have girl friends. I just seem to resonate better with men. Men are straight up and down, what you see is what you get, no tricksy multi-layering, no double meanings. Then I discovered the awesome peeps above and realised how important it is to have close female friends. Life was good. Every fun moment was spent in their company.

 

People are in your life for as long as they need to be to teach you something and then they go. I haven’t decided whether these three lovely people have taught me all I’m meant to learn yet; who knows, maybe that means we’ll cross paths again in the future. All I know is that it’s left a very bittersweet taste in my mouth.

 

As I get older it’s getting harder to make friends, so losing friends I already have is especially heartbreaking. Every time I break up with someone they take their friends with them. I hate these package deals!

 

So, on the subject of friends, I’m currently in a lull, severely lacking content. That’s why I’m loving twitter so much and actually making the effort to meet all these crazy people in the real world. But to make firm friends takes time, and I feel like I’m a late bloomer.

IMG_8092

 

IMG_8046

0 comments:

Post a Comment