30day challenge: 2.

Day 2: The meaning behind your blog name.


 

Philosphorescence… Bit of a mouthful, eh. It’s mashup of Philosophy and Phosphorescence, to state the obvious.

 

Words are good. I like words. I like using them incorrectly, out of context; getting my wrong on. I like making new words too. Even the word portmanteau is a kickarse word. Words shouldn’t make boxes. When I wondered what to call this blog it was only fitting to mangle the English language to suit myself.

 

This is my little corner of the interwebs where I come to download the chaos in my mind and apply the light of philosophical navel-gazing to it, in the hope it may occasionally produce a lingering afterglow of understanding. A phosphorescent picture just seemed to suit that idea.

 

Or rant. Just rant. Just a place to paste up the darkness from my mind to get it out of there, give it legs, let it walk its own path instead of clogging up my brain.

 

 

I like the name of my other blog better – life on mirth, the white cousin to this dark brother, in look as well as content. My little yin and yang. Life on mirth was born from a desire to try and see what life can actually be like when you make the conscious decision to hang out on the happy side of the fence as much as you can. A life on earth in mirth. Meltopia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment