30day challenge: 16.

Day 16: Another photo of yourself.


 

Blah. For a writing challenge this has way too many pictures.

 

To give it some sort of purpose my slant for this post shall be music festivals.

 

I am a self-confessed festival junkie. I started late, and I’ll finish late. I don’t care. They fill me with positive spirit and that’s a good thing. Why get rid of a good thing just because of society’s preconceived ideas of age appropriate behaviour?

 

Admittedly I do think there will come a time when I have to pull the plug; I only hope the allure wears off before my body wears down. I’m (unsuccessfully) trying to cut down this festival season – it’s an obvious ‘not yet’ from my heart.

 

What you get out of a festival depends on what eyes you wear. A lot of people whinge about the posing and posturing from the patrons, the tryhards with their shirts off, the skanky blondes with their arse cheeks hanging out. All I ever see are people wailing with it, getting into the music, having an awesome time in their little minds, a collective hive of people tuned into the vibe. People not afraid to let their freak flag fly.

 

Personally I spend the whole day immersed in awesome beats with the biggest grin on my face, dancing my arse off for hours at a time and not caring what I look like doing it. I come home covered in sweat and dust and already planning the next one.

 

summdayze08  summadayze10

 

BDO08     BDO08

0 comments:

Post a Comment