30day challenge: 15

Day 15: Put your iPod on shuffle and list the first 10 songs.


 

There are so many songs in my iTunes I haven’t even listened to, and triple that amount that I’ve never even touched on Winamp. I don’t usually use shuffle because it’s just too eclectic – usually I’m in a specific mood so at the very least I’ll pick a genre and shuffle that. So, this could be mighty embarrassing.

 

1. Special K, Placebo.

I love this song. “No hesitation, no delay, you come on just like special K, just like I swallowed half my stash, and never ever want to crash”

 

2. The 16th Hour, Deadmau5.

Atmospheric, throbby, pumping, this is a good song to walk through the city to. It’s my perfect walking pace and makes me feel invincible. Actually most of Deadmau5 works for that.

 

3. Earthquake Weather, Beck.

I went through a Beck stage but haven’t listened to him for a while. I definitely need to be in the mood. This tune’s got a nice laidback beat though; nice background to a chilled sunday arvo.

 

4. If I Know You, The Presets.

Love love love this. I know almost all the words and I’ve been known to belt it out in the car a couple of times in a row on the way home from work. “And tonight, if we learn that the world’s on fire, I guess I’ll turn to you, I hope I never, I hope I never have to”.

 

5. Shed My Skin, D*Note.

Wow this song makes another appearance in the 30day challenge. This is one of the happiest songs and film clips I know. If I need to be cheered up or empowered, this song will do it. “I don’t mind what people say, no I won’t look back for another day, gonna shed my skin and walk away”. Beautiful.

 

6. Rykketid, Trentemoller.

Trentemoller is a whole lot of win. One day I’ll get to hear him in the flesh. This is a good example of his bubble-tech vibe and the reason I love him to death.

 

7. Drain You, Nirvana.

Love me some Nirvana. Good to yell to or just dump some pent up energy. “The water is so yellow I’m a healthy student”. Grunge poet extraordinaire.

 

8. Runaway Lover, Madonna.

It’s mandatory to have some Madonna on rotation. Don’t judge me. There are a lot of things I like about her ‘Music’ album, probably because she put a bit of electro kick in it.

 

9. Rapture, iiO.

Her voice gets me every time.

 

10. Can You Rock it Like This, Run DMC.

Like Madonna, it’s the law to have some Run DMC on hand for those 80’s moments. This isn’t one of my favourite songs from them though. Give me ‘It’s Tricky’ any day.

 

Ok, I’m happy with that. It’s a keeper. Good job iPod.

0 comments:

Post a Comment