thankful thursday

Therapy on Thursday. Time I did that silly gratitude thing. I say silly because it’s not really my style, the whole gratitude journal wankery. However, it does have its merits.

 

It’s too easy to forget what we have in this world, because we focus too much on what we haven’t. Being thankful and grateful is a way to kick ourselves in the arse; pull us out of ourselves and into the magic that is this world and this life.

 

See, with the wankery.

 

Anyhoo, I should just be permanently bent over and kicked, but it’s bad for the posture. So instead, I force myself to dub this day thankful thursday and scrape my brain for the good, leaving the bad to settle like sediment at the bottom of the murky pond of my mind.

 

I am thankful for

 

  • dark chocolate
  • a job that gives me enough money to buy dark chocolate
  • not being allergic to dark chocolate
  • tastebuds that work
  • grey goose vodka
  • coffee dates with the girls
  • fart jokes
  • being able to run around my house naked whenever I want
  • curtains
  • oh, and willy wagtails

Ok, so it’s a start; as most of my posts end: a work in progress.

1 comments:

Smoph | July 12, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Yay for naked!
And vodka.
And chocolate. :)

Post a Comment