30day challenge: 24.

Day 24: A letter to your parents.


Fffuuuuuh…

 

Ok.

 

Like a bandaid.

 

Dear Dad,

 

Thanks for bringing me into the world. You were pretty young yourself. I can’t remember the last time I saw you. My favourite photo is of me as a teeny tiny baby in your arms while you sat in your fire truck. Hope you’re having an awesome life. Very nice taste being into Harleys. I don’t thank you for my chin – I’m not very partial to my chin. Or my freckles.

 

Dear Mum,

 

Thanks for bringing me into the world. You were pretty young yourself. I appreciate everything you’ve done for me. Thanks for trusting me through my teen years – it really made a difference and influenced my decisions. Thanks for sticking up for me when I needed it. Now I really really need you to look after yourself. Don’t be the martyr. Your health is important.

 

Dear stepdad,

 

Man, you had some issues. I guess you did things the best way you knew how. I hope you’ve grown, matured, refined your decision-making process, learnt from your mistakes. I still don’t think my actions through all five years of high school warranted me being grounded for 90% of the time. If you think about it, I was a pretty good, straight down the line kid. But thanks for it all anyway, because it made me get out and walk on my own as soon as I could, vowing never to come back.

 

Dear parental figures in my life,

 

Thankyou all, warts and all. I turned out ok regardless.

 

Hugs,

Me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment