30day challenge: 12.

Day 12: Why do you blog?


 

Blogging is my therapy.

 

I don’t do it for fame or fortune or even acknowledgement, I do it to keep myself sane.

 

Though it did take me a while to pluck up the courage to start.

 

For a while social networks like Myspace and Facebook were providing me with a good enough outlet for the extrovert within and acting like literary leeches for my mental blood-letting, but I knew I needed something more structured and without all the frou-frou.

 

I also wanted to write. Just write. Put words together in some sort of structure that amused me. I needed a creative outlet.

 

So, one evening with nothing better to do, this blog was born.

 

Here is my little corner of the internet where I unload the thoughts in my brain, play with words, understand what’s going on in my head even as I’m writing the thoughts down.

 

Then one day I felt like balance was required, and lifeonmirth was born.

 

Now I have two little corners of the internet where I can come and play or pout or poeticise or poke fun at myself – to what end I still don’t know.

 

My only hope is that my writing improves and sanity ensues.

0 comments:

Post a Comment