the philosophy of the shower

Magic happens in my shower.

 

I disrobe – a physical act of throwing off the day (or the night).

 

I get a chance to reconnect with my naked self; you know, check out what’s happening, what’s going on, everything in the right place, how the body’s holding up. Remember what the real I looks like. Remind myself that this body is my vehicle through this life. It gives me a chance to pay homage, give thanks, respect (occasionally a grimace).

 

Then the shower – rhythmical drops on my body. A steady stream of feeling.

 

I am still trying to work out why the physical sensation of water on the body actually pulls me out of my body and into my head. Instead of concentrating on the physical, I seem, without fail, to drift into magic thinking-land where my body no longer exists.

 

My mind will suddenly light up with ideas, solve over-chewed problems, invent new problems, and throw away problems that weren’t worth the mastication in the first place.

 

It’s a portal to the land of epiphanies.

 

When I’m utterly sorrowful, I can jump in the shower where the liquid heat envelops and comforts me and my tears find camouflage. It helps me work through the craziness in my head until I find a weird sense of peace, no matter what state I was in when I started.

 

I emerge with a totally different energy.

 

The shower is like my reset button; an electromagnetic make-over. No matter what has bombarded my body and my brain that day, the shower sets the counter back to zero.

 

The shower is my sanity, my muse and my guardian angels in liquid form.

 


droplets on body,
a rhythmic liquid caress:
my heaven on earth
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment