angels and demons and demons

I have to go do the client schmooze thing tonight while watching what I am expecting to be a god-awful piece of celluloid, ‘Angels and Demons’. I hate schmoozing. I also hate Dan Brown.


I’m having massive issues at work involving burnout and depression, but that’s a rant for another day. I see my clients every day in that I’m an implant (as in, I work for company A, but sit in the office of company B, the client). So every day I’m in their face, and unfortunately they have seen me miserable as a wet cat lately; they’ve seen me lose the plot. Not something a client should see, but there you go.


I don’t need the meet and greet. We’ve met, we’ve gret, they’ve seen me fret.


My other problems are this: I can’t be two-faced, and I don’t bend over and lube up with a smile on my face for anyone. If I don’t like someone or they’ve caused me pain, they’ll know about it, I don’t care who they are. I don’t kiss butt. Also one of the people coming tonight hates me with a passion. Not sure why, just does. Looks right through me without a word when I open the door for her at work. Gives me the evils. Turns the nose up whenever I walk past. Don’t get me wrong, I respect her for that. At least she’s not being two-faced about it. I know where she stands. No backstabbing, just frontstabbing. All out in the open. But now I have to schmooze her? bleh.


So how am I going to approach this? Where am I going to find the happy place in this?


It’s certainly not my client's fault they bombard me with more work than is humanly possible to do unless you’re a hindu goddess with a plethora of arms at your disposal, it’s just the work they need done so they can do their work.


There it is – I have misdirected angst. A nasty little affliction, cured through smiling sweetly in the face of what ails you.


Can I do it? Tune in next time. Oh, if I’m not here and all you get is static, you’ll know it went badly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment