30day challenge: 22.

Day 22: What makes you different from everyone else?


 

Duh. Everything. There is no other me.

 

I’m really fighting the urge to follow that sentence with, “The End” because this is a writing exercise and it would defeat the purpose, but seriously, that’s all there is to it – everything about me makes me different from everyone else. I AM a beautiful and unique snowflake, so there.

 

Sometimes the enormity of our uniqueness will hit me and I’ll walk through the city or sit somewhere watching everyone go past and just marvel at our total and utter individuality.

 

It’s such a dichotomy though: sure, we’re different from everyone else, but we all still go through the same experiences, and in that regard we’re all exactly the same.

 

We all struggle with love, death, taxes, religion, loneliness, family issues, waking up in the morning, overindulgence, health, jobs, and trying to dress ourselves properly after a night on the turps (or maybe that one’s just me). We all laugh, cry, eat, shit, die.

 

No one else wears my eyes though; no one else sees things the way I do, and there is no way for me to see things the way another person does. I can’t feel what another person feels, I can only imagine what they’re feeling.

 

That’s our point of difference, and that’s what makes me different to everyone else – the place I stand in the world to observe and try to understand it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment