bug profundity

A bug spoke to me today.

 

He said I was miserable.

 

Still not sure how.

 

He was a small speckled dot on my desk. When I nudged him, he moved and started on an aimless trek. And said I was miserable.

 

He meandered slowly and placidly toward the keyboard then casually turned and headed for my desktop map of the world, and said look at this desk. Look at the misery formed at this desk. As I trudge across it, so you trudge through life sitting at it, directionless, dusty and dry as a desert.

 

He paused at New Zealand and rotated as though he was taking in the rest of the world. You should be out there. You should be walking the earth. You should be learning in the school of the world. Don’t you remember your dreams? Your yearnings?

 

Strange that he paused in the place where I started this life.

 

He walked the Pacific Ocean heading for Russia, and fell on his back, legs flailing. Ok, maybe Russia’s not for you.

 

He righted himself and headed back to me. Think about it. There’s nothing holding you here now. In this place. Now is the time to go.

 

And he went. Down the side of the desk. To where, I don’t know. I didn’t look. More mysterious that way.

 

He’s right. I’m miserable. There’s actually nothing holding me in this place. I should go. But to where? To do what? I feel useless not knowing how to answer that. Bug didn’t hang around long enough to enlighten me in that regard.

 

Could it be that my spirit guide is a nameless speckled bug? I always thought it was a gecko.

3 comments:

Aussie Locust | August 12, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Never doubt an insect..... :)

lilmel | August 12, 2009 at 8:25 PM

ha! nice one mr locust.

Smoph | August 12, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Did the bug hover over Melbourne? You could come hang with me and we could get all sorts of drunk!

I wonder what my spirit guide is...

Post a Comment