frocks or fellas?

I’ve been hunting for a dress for the last week or so. Today I realised that my dress hunting and collecting, and my love life, have way too much in common.

 

I’ve had dresses that have been tall, short, medium, light, dark, and fantastically coloured.

 

Some were great at emphasising my assets, others not.

 

Some dresses have definitely been totally wrong for me but I bought them anyway and persevered with wearing them. Once I faced up to the fact they were just making me look silly, I never wore them again. Some are still in the back of my wardrobe because I’m unable to let go. After all, I paid a lot of good money for them. Others I had no qualms about chucking out.

 

Some dresses wore themselves out before I had a chance to. They were obviously cheaply made (oo, that’s catty). If I’m looking for dresses in a shop of some variation of ‘skanks-r-us’ then what else am I going to be expected to find? I need to shop more in the classy end of town.

 

A few dresses were only worn for one night – some of them holding fond memories, others rather regrettable.

 

Sometimes I’ve found a dress I really love, in a respectable high-priced shop, but I’ve left them on the shelf, thinking I wasn’t justified in spending that kind of money.  I wish I had just gone ahead and bought them, enjoyed wearing them, and consequences be damned. Who knows what fantastic experiences those dresses would have given me?

 

The dress I bought today doesn’t fit me properly around the top. I took it to a place to get the top section taken in and it’s going to cost a fortune. Not only that, but now I have a huge complex about my arse and thighs after the lady said it really looked like it should also be taken out around that area. Don’t bother buying a dress that doesn’t fit. It’s not worth it – to your bank balance, or your self esteem.

 

So, the next dress I want to find has to fit me perfectly without needing any alterations, be in it for the long haul, and make me feel absolutely wonderful. Ok world? Please and thankyou.

 

(Ps. I already have some killer heels ready and waiting…)

0 comments:

Post a Comment