a gift

What is it about friends that they seem to bring you exactly what you need, right when you need it, without even knowing it’s exactly what you’re missing?


I’ve been on the black side of grey for a while, trying to claw my way up to happyplace again, and today I got an email from a close friend I’ve known for about 17 years, but who in the last 7 or so years I talk to only occasionally. He just wanted to say I rocked and that I was a good friend. How awesome is that?


At a time when I feel without value and alienated in this world, drifting around like a freak tied to the end of a kite, someone is compelled enough to reach out and give me value without even knowing what’s going on in my head. It made my day.


Maybe that’s why souls gravitate to each other the way they do, because we know that soul’s going to help give us with what we need to get through this life. There are no chance encounters.


It seems we have two sets of guardian angels: those we can’t see, and those who walk among us. I love it when I’m given a chance to remember that.


0 comments:

Post a Comment